While Florida is gearing up for hurricane Irma this weekend, we are sending positive thoughts and special prayers to one of my favorite places that our family has always travelled to annually for winter vacation. It felt fitting we devoted this blog post to our fabulous, recent trip to the sunshine state (which I know we will all be monitoring closely over the next few days.) In July, we had an “EAU” so wonderful treat – a long weekend stay at the newly-fashioned Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa!
The perfectly manicured and immaculately maintained hotel (formerly the Ritz Carlton) is just 10 miles from Palm Beach International Airport. It recently underwent a design transformation with celebrity-designer, Jonathan Adler, reinventing all the guest rooms and some of the public spaces in a fun and colorful motif. I absolutely love the preppy, Palm Beach-chic vibe you get from the moment you arrive. We were greeted upon arrival with cold towels and fruit-infused ice-water (everyone is also offered a glass of champagne, but….#preggo.)
I immediately was eyeing the adorable aqua colored bikes which are available out front for guests to take a spin.
The oceanfront terrace restaurant is sunny even on a cloudy day (thanks to the bright, eye-catching, Jonathan Adler design.). We had a wonderful lunch here with delicious, fresh seafood. This space also doubles as an optional cocktail hour/reception space for events in the evenings – love!
Our two room, 1.5 bath ocean-front suite was EVERYTHING. The decor was fun yet luxurious, the over-sized soaking tub and rain shower a welcome reprieve. Complimentary water bottles and beach totes were a nice added touch. We were lulled to sleep each night to the sound of the waves – right after we devoured our nightly turndown chocolates.
Eau Resort is known for their spa…and thankfully, the lovely sales manager (Linsey Bruce) made sure we got a day pass to experience all of the luxurious amenities and facilities they offer. Heaven! The official adult playground of Palm Beach, this 42,000 square foot magical spa goes beyond the expected. It’s a place where fairy tales come true and where wishing wells are for real. Champagne and cupcake diets are not only welcomed, but encouraged. A recipient of the Forbes Five-Star award for 2014 and 2015, and heralded by Conde Nast Traveler and Town and Country as being one of the best spas in the world, your journey to pause, play and perfect awaits.
The Courtyard showcases the picture-perfect ceremony backdrop, for 50-350 guests.
There are several ceremony/reception location options that depend on guest count and the vibe you’re going for. Pictured here: the Grand Ballroom is the largest, boasting 9,680 square feet and ceilings reaching beyond 14 feet and dressed with six sparkling Austrian crystal chandelier, accommodating up to 450 guests. The Plaza Ballroom has a very similar look but offers a slightly more intimate option, for up to 140 guests.
A fun video that shows more of the hotel with commentary from Jonathan Adler about the new design.
Ceremony/Reception Space: Indoor and outdoor available (depends on guest count)
Cost: Food & Beverage minimum depends on venues selected
When: Most popular in winter/spring but they offer great room rates + incentives for low-season (like VIP club-access for your room block!)
Good to know:
- Forbes Five-Star Award for both the resort and Eau Spa in 2015
- AAA-Five Diamond Resort
- Luxurious oversized guest rooms and suites with spacious private balconies and terraces recently re-envisioned by famed potter and designer, Jonathan Adler
- Largest guest rooms and balconies of the Palm Beach luxury hotel community
- Spectacular Oceanfront Ballroom & Terrace
- Aquanuts and COAST kids camp – offering activities for children ages 5 – 12 and teens, 13 – 17
- Resort sits right on the Atlantic Ocean and offers a variety of water activities – from jet skis, paddleboards, snorkels and more! They can also arrange a fishing trip or a tee time. Onsite: tennis courts, a fitness center and award-winning Eau Spa. Best of all, there are no resort fees.
- 2 pools and a hot tub (1 pool is adults-only)
- Spring for the VIP club access, where breakfast, lunch, drinks and a private concierge with pressing service are at your disposable. In the evening, a full bar and hors d’oeuvres await. All club-level rooms have private balconies with views.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 561-540-4940 and ask for Linsey Bruce!